Difference between revisions of "DCD"
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
'''Vidéos / Videos:'''
'''Vidéos / Videos:'''
Revision as of 12:33, 4 May 2011
DCD - Conduite collaborative et dynamique / Dynamic Collaborative Driving
To eventually have automated vehicles operate in platoons, it is necessary to study what information each vehicle must have and to whom it must communicate for safe and efficient maneuvering in all possible conditions. By emulating platoons using a group of mobile robots, we demonstrate the feasibility of maneuvers (such as entering, exiting and recuperating from an accident) using different distributed coordination strategies. The coordination strategies studied range from no communication to unidirectional or bidirectional exchanges between vehicles, and to fully centralized decision by the leading vehicle. Instead of assuming that the platoon leader or all vehicles globally monitor what is going on, only the vehicles involved in a particular maneuver are concerned, distributing decisions locally amongst the platoon. Experimental trials using robots having limited and directional perception of other, using vision and obstacle avoidance sensing were conducted. Results confirm the feasibility of the coordination strategies in different conditions, and various uses of communicated information to compensate for sensing limitations.
Vidéos / Videos:
Voir aussi / See also:
- Michaud, F., Lepage, P., Frenette, P., Létourneau, D., Gaubert, N. (2006), “Coordinated maneuvering of automated vehicles in platoon,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Special Issue on Cooperative Intelligent Vehicles, 7(4):437-447. (pdf)
- Crawford, S., Cannon, M.E, Létourneau, D., Lepage, P., Michaud, F. (2004), “Performance evaluation for sensor combinations on mobile robots for automated platoon control,” Proceedings of Global Navigation Satellite Systems, The Institute of Navigation, Fairfax, VA (pdf). Also published in GPS World 2006, June.
- Huppé, X. (2004), "Guidage et commande longitudinale d'un train de voitures adaptés aux conditions routières et climatiques canadiennes", Mémoire de maîtrise, Département de génie électrique et de génie informatique, Université de Sherbrooke, octobre. (pdf)
- Huppé, X., Beauregard, M., de Lafontaine, J., Michaud, F. (2003), "Guidance and control of a platoon of vehicles adapted to changing environment conditions", Proceedings IEEE Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 3091-3096. (pdf)
- Guilbert, N., Huppé, X., Beauregard, M., Michaud, F. de Lafontaine, J. (2004), "Simulation and emulation with mobile robots of collaborative vehicles ", Proceedings SAE, Detroit.
- Guilbert, N., Beauregard, M., Michaud, F. de Lafontaine, J. (2003), "Emulation of collaborative driving systems using mobile robots", Proceedings IEEE Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 856-861. (pdf)