Difference between revisions of "ROS4iOS"
(Created page with "<analytics uacct="UA-27707792-1" ></analytics> = Introduction = To use all the functionalities and computing capabilities a mobile device has to offer, developers need to creat...")
Revision as of 18:25, 25 March 2013
To use all the functionalities and computing capabilities a mobile device has to offer, developers need to create native applications. ROS is widely used in the robotics community. However, a native port of ROS on iOS has yet to be developed. Having a native ROS port on iOS would allow better integration with existing applications and libraries. Instead of bridging iOS applications with a new protocol with ROS, using native ROS C++ implementation for messages and nodes is desirable. This project aims to create a reusable and easy to use ROS for iOS Framework for use with Apple's Xcode development environment with the following guidelines :
- Concentrate on the C++ part of ROS' core libraries.
- Reuse parts of the ROS build system to build an iOS framework.
- Reuse all the communication protocols, messages and services available from ROS.
- Create a complete ROS node running on the mobile device by reusing the same C++ code.
- Start from ROS sources hosted on GitHub and apply minimum patches to allow compilation for iOS.
- Automate the creation of a reusable ROS framework for use with Apple's Xcode development tool.
- Ronan Chauvin
- François Ferland
- Dominic Létourneau
ROS for iOS on GitHub
- Code available on GitHub.